Cheers! Our 4 Favourite Healthy Cocktail Recipes
As we’re slowly approaching summer, days are getting longer and our desire to sit on a terrace with a drink stronger than ever. Not only this, but this also means we’re entering the season of outdoor celebrations like festivals or King’s Day! More often than not, those social events are accompanied by quite a bit of alcoholic drinks. Now, we’re not about to tell you off for drinking, that would be a little hypocrite. We believe that a strong, happy and fierce life definitely can include an alcoholic drink from time to time, in moderation of course.
However, some of you are currently working hard on your bodies and are not sure if drinking is the best idea to accomplish your goals. And for this, we admire and support you! But please, do not feel guilty for wanting to have a drink from time to time. To help you out, we’ve created a little guide to our favourite cocktail recipes that are a little lighter on calories.
THE SKINNY MOJITO (150 kcal)
A classic summer drink that’s actually very easy to make on the healthier side. Simply cut down on the sugar or the syrup.
This is what you’ll need:
– Wide glass with a lot of crushed ice (tip: take a glass with a flat bottom)
– 40-50 ml of white rum
– 50-60 ml of cold sparkling water
– 2-3 lime wedges incl peel
– a large number of mint leaves
– 2 teaspoons sugar (normally 4)
– mash the rum, mint, sugar and lime on the bottom of the glass, stir in the ice and sparkling water.
THE SKINNY BITCH (100 kcal)
Or Vodka soda, let’s keep it real. A little on the stronger side but the advantage of this one is that vodka has a lower glycemic index than other alcohols and sparkling water is, well, water so absolutely no calories. Add a squeeze of lemon or any fruit to infuse within it, a lot of ice and you’re ready to go.
A little tip: the better quality the vodka, the better this drink will taste.
You will need:
– Long drink glass with lots of ice
– 40-50 ml vodka
– 10 ml fresh lemon juice + an extra couple slices of lemon to garnish
– Fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water
THE GIN-TONIC (150 kcal)
We’ve got here another classic which is on the healthier side. Most often, gin does not contain sugar, which means what you should be watching is the tonic. You can always switch to a sugar-free version or simply pour a little less tonic and add more ice to the drink.
You will need:
– Large glass with lots of ice
– 40-50 ml gin
– 100-120 ml Tonic (light)
– Optional garnish (lime, cucumber, grapefruit, lemon, berries, cinnamon sticks, go all out…)
THE BLOODY MARY (118 kcal)
Of course, we had to add the Bloody Mary to the list. Get some vitamins in with the tomato juice and bring a little heat in with Tabasco. A colourful companion for brunch or afternoon drinks. Feel free to load it with as many veggie trimmings as you like, whether it is celery, courgette sticks, cucumber, lemon, olives and more, depending on your personal taste buds.
What you’ll need:
– Long drink glass with 1-2 ice cubes
– 40 ml vodka
– 100 ml tomato juice
– 15 ml fresh lemon juice
– 3-4 dashes of tabasco
– 3-4 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
– Pepper and salt to taste
– A celery stalk to stir
Cheers to all of you & see you on the refomer!