In March, we self-care
It’s almost spring! You made it through the worst of winter and now the possibility of a non-grey, non-rainy, non-whatthef***isthiswind, non-miserable day is actually conceivable. Of course, exercise is at the top of the self-care list, but we know that sometimes you need a little extra.
We put together some ideas to boost your self-care routine & whether you do all of them in one day or spread them out and accomplish one thing every week is your choice, just remember that doing things that will make you feel lighter is important and benefits flow into all aspects of your life!
We are collaborating with a selection of special partners to boost this self-care journey this month! Stay connected on Instagram to learn about special promotions and giveaways.
- Write yourself a little gratitude list. It’s easy to get caught up in negative little things, so bring the positive little things forward. Whether it’s three, ten or 25 points, it doesn’t matter. Just make sure to include as much detail as possible as well as why you are grateful for it.
- Try out that new Korean sheet mask or book your favorite treatment. Whether you want to go all out or are on a budget, there is no excuse to avoid a little beauty therapy.
- Sleep! Your body and brain need sleep to function at their full capacity and not sleeping enough is the equivalent of willingly slapping yourself in the face (hard and a lot) or taking away a few years of your life (no thanks). Please, let’s leave the quote “I’ll sleep when I’m dead” in 2019 and actually boost our productivity, confidence and strength by sleeping 8 hours a night.
- Create a bedtime routine. As easy, if not easier, than sleeping! Set a few things to do before bed so that your brain automatically knows it’s time to unwind. Yes, this counts as self-care! Need some inspiration? How about turning your phone off 10 minutes before getting into bed, lighting a nice smelling candle and putting on your favorite night cream.
- Get yourself outside. Just 15 minutes surrounded by nature significantly reduces your cortisol (stress) levels. We’re lucky to have a lot of green space in Amsterdam, so take that detour through the park, we promise it will be worth it. Even when the weather is awful, try to pull yourself outdoors – it will make you feel more energized, more productive and overall not as upset at the sheer lack of sun since September 2019.
- Get moving. Don’t wait til Monday, book your next class today! We all know the amazing benefits working out has on our bodies and if you’ve ever been to PLTS, you already know that glorious post-workout feeling. Repeat after us: Exercising is self-care. You only have one body so treat it like a goddess. Book your next class here !
See you on the reformer!